5 Simple Ways to Whiten Teeth Naturally
By Patti Z.
January 17, 2013
Did you know stains are more likely to occur when you don't keep your teeth clean?
Stains adhere to your teeth more easily when your teeth are not clean. Learn how you can prevent teeth from staining with these simple ways to whiten teeth naturally.
- Drink beverages through a straw. Many drinks can discolor or stain your teeth; a straw helps divert liquids toward the back of your throat.
- Brush your teeth after meals. A sonic toothbrush naturally whitens teeth and removes stains. The ultra-high bristle speed provides effective plaque removal, while being gentle on your teeth and gums.
- Chew sugarless gum. If you can’t brush your teeth after eating, chew sugarless gum. According to the American Dental Association, chewing sugarless gum increases the flow of saliva, which washes away food and debris.
- Floss your teeth to remove plaque. Plaque build-up on your teeth hardens into tartar and makes your teeth look yellow. Flossing your teeth daily helps remove plaque and whitens teeth naturally.
- Beware of over-the-counter treatments. Overuse of some over-the-counter whiteners can actually discolor your teeth!
Get a Whiter, Healthier Smile
You know it’s important to brush and floss to maintain a healthy smile. Waterpik® Complete Care combines Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush technologies in one convenient product. And it’s a great way to whiten your teeth naturally.