Frequently Asked Questions - Waterpik® Shower Heads
Browse our FAQs or scroll down to Ask a Question.
Most Asked Shower Head Questions
- When installing a plastic pivot ball to the metal shower wall pipe, no tape should be used. The addition of the tape increases the circumference of the pipe and may cause the pivot ball to split.
- When installing our 2-way diverter, no pipe tape should be used.
- When installing a metal pivot ball to the metal shower wall pipe, 2-3 wraps of the pipe tape is recommended. Wrap the tape around the shower wall pipe in a clockwise direction.
Lack of water flow after installation is usually caused by a washer remaining in the shower pipe from a previous shower:
- Remove the shower head. Using a pencil or similar object, check the shower pipe to see if a washer is stuck inside the pipe. Turn on the water to confirm flow.
- Confirm the white filter screen is firmly seated in the pivot ball and only one black washer is seated over the filter screen.
- Some shower head models have a vacuum breaker in the hose. This device prohibits the flow of water back into the water source. If the hose is installed incorrectly, there will be no water flow. The vacuum breaker end of the hose should be installed closest to the water supply.
Certain cities, counties, and states require a vacuum breaker or anti-syphon device to be installed for hand held shower systems. Water Pik is aware of Wisconsin, Washington, and Los Angeles County requiring the device. We recommend contacting your local water district to confirm the requirements for your region.
Most shower models starting with an “N” are compatible with our extension clip. The model number is located near the UPC/Bar code on the package.
The link below allows you to choose a style and color of our shower heads or view the models available at our authorized distributors:Shower Head Products
Replacement shower parts are available exclusively through the Waterpik® Online Store. We recommend choosing our unbreakable style bracket in chrome, white, or slate grey. Use the following link to access our online store:
Shower Head Replacement Parts
Please note: If your shower head was purchased prior to 2006, current replacement brackets may not be compatible with your shower head as the bracket design has changed. If your shower head is held by the neck of the shower, our current brackets are not compatible.
Most shower products manufactured after 2005 have a limited lifetime warranty. A dated sales receipt is required for warranty validation.
If you are seeking warranty assistance and do not have the receipt, provide at least two images of the shower head: one to show the face of the shower and the other to depict the issue being experienced. Email the photos to email@example.com. Please include the reason for the claim, your name, address, AND telephone number.
Some Waterpik® shower products have a Water-Saving Trickle setting. United States building codes do not allow the shower head to completely shut off the water supply. This setting does not stop the flow of water; it restricts the water to 1/2 to 1 gallon per minute. A shut off valve is not available through Water Pik.
Water Pik offers an extra-long 75-inch (6 feet, 3 inches) stretchable metal hose. The hose stretches to 8 feet. The two conical-shaped ends are configured to fit Waterpik® shower brackets and most competitive shower brands. This item is available from the Waterpik Online Store:Extra Long Stretchable Metal Hose