Maintaining Good Oral Health
Dental work, orthodontic braces, certain medical conditions, and other factors can make maintaining good dental care challenging.
Did You Know?
- Bacterial build-up in and around dental implants can lead to peri-implant disease and infection
- Bleeding gums are a sign of gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease
- Dental braces can create oral health problems such as gingivitis and decalcification (white marks) on the teeth
- Pregnancy gingivitis is caused by an increased level of progesterone due to pregnancy
- People with diabetes, especially those with poor blood glucose control, are at a higher risk for gum disease
- Bacteria that cause gum disease can produce a volatile sulfur compound, the agent often responsible for bad breath
- Smoking is a major risk factor for developing gum disease
Learn more about specific dental issues and Waterpik® products by visiting our oral health education section.
Health Benefits of Water Flossing
Waterpik® Water Flossers are clinically proven through published independent and university studies to improve your gum health, remove plaque and bacteria, and reach areas that you can't get to with a toothbrush or string floss.
We've also designed and tested special water flosser tips to address specific dental needs: