Flossing With Braces
An easy and effective way to remove plaque around dental braces and improve gum health is to use
a Waterpik® Water Flosser. It is clinically proven more effective than dental floss for people with braces.
How To Floss With Braces In 8 Simple Steps
For best results, use a Waterpik® Water Flosser with the Orthodontic Tip. The Orthodontic Tip has a tapered brush that helps remove plaque from braces and orthodontics. The Classic Jet Tip is also effective.
- Fill the Water Flosser reservoir with lukewarm water and place it firmly on the base.
- Insert the flosser tip into the handle.
- Adjust the pressure control (start at low pressure).
- Lean over the sink and place tip in mouth.
- Turn unit on. Close lips to prevent splashing, while allowing water to flow from the mouth into the sink.
- Starting with the back teeth, gently glide the tip along the gumline.
- Pause and lightly brush the area between the teeth and all around the orthodontic bracket or appliance (see animation below).
- Proceed to the next tooth.
It's that easy to properly Water Floss your braces, and it takes only about 1 minute a day!
Browse Water Flossers