Natural Ways To Keep Your Teeth Whiter
Stains adhere to your teeth more easily when your teeth are not clean. Learn how you can prevent teeth from staining with these simple ways to whiten teeth naturally.
5 Tips For Naturally Cleaner, Whiter Teeth
- Drink beverages through a straw. Many drinks can discolor or stain your teeth; a straw helps divert liquids toward the back of your throat.
- Brush your teeth after meals. A high quality electric toothbrush can naturally whiten teeth by removing stains. The ultra-high bristle speed or brushing action provides effective plaque removal, while being gentle on your teeth and gums.
- Chew sugarless gum. If you can’t brush your teeth after eating, chew sugarless gum. According to the American Dental Association, chewing sugarless gum increases the flow of saliva, which washes away food and debris.
- Floss your teeth to remove plaque. Plaque build-up on your teeth hardens into tartar and makes your teeth look yellow. Flossing your teeth daily helps remove plaque and whitens teeth naturally.
- Choose over-the-counter treatments carefully. Overuse of some over-the-counter whiteners can actually discolor your teeth, damage enamel, or cause sensitive gum tissue!
DIY Tooth Whitening
With DIY methods such as activated charcoal, the safety and effectiveness for the tooth surface (enamel) and gum tissue is typically unknown. They can also have unintended consequences, including removing tooth enamel.
Get a Whiter, Healthier Smile
You know it’s important to brush and floss to maintain a healthy smile. The Waterpik® Whitening Water Flosser delivers precision whitening while you water floss and is as gentle as regular toothpaste.